Here’s a chance to pick one up at a promotional auction price.
The firmware on these boards is the normal GP-3. You can use it as a PC A/D interface for data acquisition or control You can also create a program with GP3EZ and then “download” it to the board so the board will function without a PC.
The differences in this board from the regular board:
1) All I/O is out to the edge and marked. Screw terminals are optional (included in the auction).
2) Dedicated jumper for GP3EZ run/program mode
3) USB daughterboard available
4) Room for a “regular” LED or a 2nd 5V LED.
5) Large ground lands for the analog converters to decrease noise pickup
6) Spare area for op-amps or other devices (if not using USB daughterboard); flexible I/O lets you “interrupt” the analog and digital I/O to reroute.
7) Slot for resonator OR crystal.
8 ) Switchable DTE or DCE serial port (and connections for TTL serial)
There is also a new manual for ALL GP-3s. Unlike the old “two part” manual, this is one manual for all GP-3 boards and should not require any other manual regardless of which kit you have. http://www.awce.com/gp3.pdf